Looking to add a WhatsApp business description to your business profile? You’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll explain what a WhatsApp Business description is, why you should include one, the best practices for crafting your description and finally, share a WhatsApp Business description sample for every use case.
What is WhatsApp Business Description?
A WhatsApp business description is essentially an overview of everything a customer needs to know about your business. It’s where you display details like your company’s profile and the type of products or services you offer.
The description is limited to 256 characters so you should keep it short, succinct and catchy. Emojis are allowed, so feel free to use them in the description to show off your brand’s personality. Just remember not to overuse them to maintain professionalism.
Another thing to note is that it is available on both WhatsApp Business App and WhatsApp Business API. You can add the description on both platforms upon account creation and edit or update it as necessary.
Next, let’s take a look at why you should use a WhatsApp Business description.
Benefits of Using a Description for WhatsApp Business
Making a strong first impression builds credibility with customers. Your description serves as a reliable source of information as it quickly provides the details customers need to know about your business.
Having a clear description also gives customers a better understanding of your brand. If your business description mentions the products and services they’re looking for, they’re likely to start a conversation.
Now that we’ve covered everything you need to know about WhatsApp business description, let’s go through the steps to setting it up.
How to Set Up Business Descriptions for WhatsApp
As mentioned, there are two methods to set up a WhatsApp business description, depending on which WhatsApp Business account you’re using. Let’s find out how below.
How to Set Up a Description on WhatsApp Business App
WhatsApp Business App provides the convenience of setting up the description natively on the app. We’ll show you how to add a description to your business profile on the app here.
1. Go to Settings on your WhatsApp Business App.
2. Click on your business profile. Scroll down to find Business Description.
3. Click on it and start writing your business description.
4. Click Save when you’re done.
And that’s how you do it. If you’re using WhatsApp Business API to manage your messages, then head below to learn how to add a business description to your WhatsApp business profile.
How to Set Up a Description on WhatsApp Business API
If you have connected WhatsApp API to a messaging inbox, you can set up the description on the platform. Here’s a step-by-step on how to add your business description on respond.io.
1. Go to Settings on the left navigation panel and click Channel.
2. Click on your WhatsApp Business API account, depending on which you’ve connected. Then, click Profile.
3. Add a description to your business profile and click Save Profile once you’re done.
Alternatively, if you’re connecting to WhatsApp Business API through a Business Solution Provider (BSP) like Twilio, then you’re able to add or edit the details of your business description directly on the BSP’s platform.
If you want your description to be effective, then head below to find the best practices for crafting a business description.
Descriptions for WhatsApp Business: Best Practices
Having an impactful description is crucial as it encourages customers to reach out. Here, we’ll share some best practices when it comes to crafting your business description.
In your WhatsApp business profile, you’ll find two sections: Description and About. You can use both sections to talk about your business, but we recommend focusing on the description as it’s the first thing customers see when they visit your business profile.
On the other hand, the About section is located at the bottom of your profile. Customers are not likely to scroll that far down.
As customers often have limited time, it’s important to get straight to the point to catch their attention. You can also consider adding the unique selling points of your businesses to inform customers how your brand or products are superior compared to your competitors.
For example, if you’re a skincare company that sells only handmade products, adding the keyword “handmade” will make your description stand out from the rest.
Another important aspect to include in your description is a call to action. Customers who view your WhatsApp business profile are already interested in your business. All they need is a nudge in the right direction so invite them to connect with you.
To help you craft your description, we’ve provided some ready-to-use examples below.
WhatsApp Business Description Samples
Writing a good description that showcases your business while encouraging your prospects to take action is no easy feat. Worry not as we’re here to help. We’ve prepared a list of WhatsApp business description samples that you can adapt for your business.
WhatsApp Business Description Sample for General Use
Sometimes all you need is just a general description to explain what your business entails. If that’s what you’re looking for, then take a look at the examples below:
1. “Welcome to [business name]. We offer handmade vegan skincare that is soft on your skin and easy on the planet. Our business operates every day from [time] to [time].”
2. “Find and order food from wherever you are 🥘 Pick your meal, confirm your selection and we’ll deliver it right to your doorstep. Order your next meal from over 300 restaurants.”
3. “We’re here to empower your journey to a healthier body and mind 💪 We provide a door-to-door personal training service. Drop us a message to learn more about our personalized fitness program.”
WhatsApp Business Profile Description Examples for Sales
Take this opportunity to elevate your business description by adding a sales pitch to entice customers. Add a call to action right after the pitch to seal the deal.
1. “We plan and coordinate your wedding from the day of your proposal to the day you say I Do 💕 Drop us a message to learn more about wedding planning services.”
2. “Our candles are created using only the finest and purest soy waxes and hand-blended essential oils. Order your favorite scent by dropping a message here.”
3. “The finest patisserie in town, with delectable desserts made from the highest quality ingredients. Contact us here to place your order.”
WhatsApp Business Description Sample for Customer Service
WhatsApp can also be a great channel to answer customers’ inquiries. Establish your WhatsApp channel as a customer service platform with these descriptions.
1. “Customize your eyeglasses and sunglasses with our exclusive made-to-order service 😎 Skip the queue and make an appointment by dropping us a message.”
2. “We provide high-quality leather handbags, designed and handcrafted in Italy 👜 Visit any of our stores or send us a message to book an in-store appointment for repair and maintenance.”
3. “Looking for a curated collection of modern home decor and accessories? You’ve come to the right place. Reach out to learn more about our delivery and shipping services.”
WhatsApp Business Profile Description Examples for Special Occasions
Special occasions call for special business descriptions. If your business offers promotions or services during festive seasons, inform customers in the description. Check out some examples below.
1. “The largest beauty retailer in the world. Shop top beauty brands and products from all around the world. Place your Christmas orders today.”
2. “We offer same-day flower delivery services. Send fresh and gorgeous flower bouquets to loved ones today 💐 Valentine’s Day orders start now, contact us to pick your bouquet.”
3. “Send curated gift boxes and hampers to your loved ones. We offer hand-crafted gift sets for him, for her, birthdays, anniversaries and more. Contact us to place an order.”
A WhatsApp business description is one of the easiest ways to provide customers with an overview of your business while encouraging them to start a conversation with you. We hope this article gives you insight into what a business description is and how to craft one for your business.
Want to learn more about WhatsApp Business API? Here are some articles you can read: