Telegram is a popular messaging app used by businesses around the globe. If your business uses Telegram to communicate with customers, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll teach you how to auto reply Telegram messages with respond.io Workflows automation. You’ll also find a list of useful Telegram auto reply examples!
Why Use Telegram Auto Reply?
Customers dislike waiting or feeling ignored when they message businesses. They expect quick and prompt responses, which is why most prefer to use a messaging channel like Telegram over email.
Late responses leave a poor impression of the brand and cause businesses to lose valuable leads to competitors who reply on time. Plus, not all businesses can afford to have agents reply to customer inquiries readily 24/7.
So, what is the best way to handle inbound conversations for Telegram Business users? The answer is Telegram auto reply - an automated message triggered in response to inbound Telegram notifications.
Here are some of the benefits of using auto reply on Telegram:
- Establish an excellent first impression by greeting customers with a friendly and attentive tone
- Manage response time expectations for scenarios where there aren’t agents available
- Collect customer data with a pre-chat survey for contact identification or agent follow-up
As a result, Telegram automated answers help improve customer satisfaction, since contacts feel they are being attended to. Now that you know the basics, we’ll guide you through the process of setting up a Telegram auto reply message on respond.io.
How to Set Auto Reply on Telegram
There is one important thing that you should know: The Telegram app doesn’t include an auto reply feature. You’ll need to create a Telegram Bot and connect it to a messaging platform like respond.io.
To set up an automatic reply, we will use respond.io’s Workflows to build powerful and flexible automation. Sign in to your respond.io account, open the Workflows Module and create a new Workflow.
Then, follow these steps:
1. Set the Workflow Trigger to Conversation Opened and choose Source is equal to Contact as Trigger Conditions.
2. Add a Date & Time Step and define your business hours.
With this setup, messages that arrive during business hours will fall into the Success Branch. Conversely, messages that arrive outside of business hours will fall into the Failure Branch.
3. Add a Send a Message Steps and compose your welcome and away messages in their respective branches. Don’t forget to set the Channel to Telegram in the configuration drawer.
4. Follow it with an Ask a Question Step to request any data that your agents need to follow up with leads.
If the answers are only relevant to this Workflow, save them as Variables. But if you plan to use those answers after the Workflow ends, consider saving them as a Contact Fields or Tags.
<call-out> Save Response As Tag is only available for Multiple Choice questions. <call-out>
5. Use an additional Send a Message Step to tell your customers how long they should expect to wait for a human response.
There’s only one question left - what should you write in your Telegram auto reply? Let’s see some practical examples of auto reply messages that you can utilize.
Telegram Auto Reply Examples
When composing an auto reply for Telegram, a friendly and approachable greeting message does just fine most of the time. However, you can step up your game by setting up an away message or a lead collection message instead.
Regardless of your preference, we’ve got you covered. Here are some Telegram auto reply examples you can use for business.
Three Telegram auto reply messages to greet your customers:
- “👋 Welcome to [business name]. What can we do for you?”
- “Hi, it’s good to hear from you. How can we help you today?🙂”
- “Hello! Thanks for reaching out to [business name]. Please let us know how we can assist you.”
Three Telegram auto reply messages to manage response time expectations:
- “Hey there! Unfortunately, there are no available agents at this moment. We have received your message and will be in touch with you by [time]. ⏱ ”
- “Thanks for contacting us! You will receive a reply within 24h. In the meantime, you can check out our FAQ section here [URL].”
- “Hello there! We are closed at the moment, but we have received your message. An agent will be with you as soon as we are back. Thanks for your patience. 🙏”
Lead Capture Messages
Three Telegram auto reply messages to capture leads:
- “Hello there! We’ve received your message and we’ll be back to you soon. Could you please share your job title and company name?”
- “Thanks for contacting [business name]! Please leave your name and company name below. An agent will be with you 🔜.”
- “Welcome to [business name]. May we have your email address? 📧”
Respond.io allows you to create the ultimate customer communication experience with tools such as Workflows, customizable inboxes and advanced analytics tools. Give the leading messaging platform a try. Sign up for an account today!
Did you find this article useful? If so, these readings might interest you too: