Facebook Messenger auto reply messages are an effective way to elevate your customer experience. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of setting up Facebook automated responses and the different methods of creating them. Plus, we’ve compiled the most popular auto reply messages for your business.
Facebook Messenger Auto Reply: The Basics
In this section, you’ll learn what are Facebook Messenger auto reply messages and how your business may benefit from them.
What is Facebook Messenger Auto Reply
Why Use Facebook Messenger Auto Reply
There are many reasons why Facebook Messenger auto reply messages matter. Firstly, when you acknowledge new customers with a Welcome Message, it helps you make a good first impression on them.
Away Messages also sets the right expectations about response time when you can’t respond to customers right away. Plus, businesses can take advantage of Welcome and Away messages by greeting customers and asking for their details at the same time.
Auto reply messages also allow you to send quick and consistent messages, making it easier to earn the Very responsive to messages badge. However, their functionality is limited to this initial interaction and doesn't extend to following up on customer messages.
However, to manage conversations effectively and provide timely follow-ups, you need to use conversational AI tools like AI Agent. They can intelligently converse with customers, enhancing the overall customer experience.
Now that you’ve learned the basics of Facebook automated responses and their limitations, let’s dive into the setup process.
How to Set Up Facebook Messenger Auto Reply
There are two ways to set up Facebook Messenger auto reply messages — through Facebook Page Inbox and respond.io.
How to Set Up Facebook Automated Responses in Facebook Page Inbox
To create Facebook Messenger automated responses such as instant replies and away messages, you need to be a Page admin, editor or moderator. To start, go to your Facebook Page.
How to Set Up an Instant Reply in Facebook Page Inbox
1. Go to Inbox.
2. Click on Automations.
3. Navigate to Instant Reply and turn on the toggle.
4. Select Messenger as the preferred platform by checking the box.
5. Draft your auto reply message.
Here, you can choose to personalize the auto reply with the contact’s name. You may also test the auto reply by sending it to your mobile device. Finally, click on Save Changes to publish the auto reply message.
<call-out>Keep in mind! A Facebook Messenger auto reply message is limited to a maximum of 500 characters.<call-out>
Next, we’ll show you how you can set up an away message through the Facebook Page Inbox.
How to Set Up an Away Message in Facebook Page Inbox
1. Navigate to Away Message in Automations. Then, check the Messenger box.
2. Set the times to be away each week in the Timing section.
3. Draft the away message.
You may preview your message on Facebook Messenger. Lastly, click on Save Changes. And your away message is now live!
<call-out> Warning! Following Meta's latest changes to its Handover Protocol, you can now only have one main app: either Facebook Page Inbox or a third-party inbox like respond.io. Note that only the main app will receive incoming messages. <call-out>
Next, we'll show you how to set up Facebook Messenger auto reply messages on respond.io. But before you can use respond.io as a third-party messenger inbox, make sure you disable Facebook Page Inbox and make respond.io the primary app instead.
How to Set Up Facebook Automated Responses on respond.io
1. Set the Workflow Trigger to Conversation Opened.
2. Add a Date & Time Step and set your business hours if you plan to use Facebook auto reply messages only at certain times.
3. Add one or more Send a Message Steps. You can create different types of auto reply messages in a single Workflow. In the configuration drawer, set the Channel to Facebook Messenger, and Message Type to text. Then, compose the auto reply message(s).
Next, we’ll share some Facebook Messenger auto reply examples designed for different situations.
9 Facebook Messenger Auto Reply Examples
We have put together a list of popular Facebook Messenger auto reply examples for business, including Welcome Messages, Away Messages and Lead Capture Messages.
Start the conversation with a good first impression. Your message should make the customer feel comfortable
- “Thanks for reaching out to [business name]. How can we help you?”
- “Hi! 👋 We are so excited to hear from you! Let us know how we can assist you.”
- “Hi there! Welcome to [business name]. What can we do for you today?”
Manage customer expectations when your agents are not available and let them know when they can expect a reply.
- “Hello! We’re closed right now, but we’ll get back to you around [time]. If you have any urgent questions, check out our FAQ section here: [URL].”
- “Hey! Just wanted to let you know that we have received your message and will be in touch by [time].”
- “Thanks for your message! We’re currently out of the office, but we’ll get back to you first thing in the morning.”
Lead Capture Messages
Capture customer details and show customers that you value their interest with a Facebook auto reply message.
- “Thank you for contacting [business name] on Messenger. In order to assist you, please provide your email address.”
- “Thanks for your message! May we have your name and phone number?”
- “Hello, please leave your name and email address below and we will be in touch shortly.”
In summary, start and maintain good customer relations with the use of auto replies. Improve your customer’s experience today with Facebook automated responses.
Start automating replies and more with an AI-powered customer conversation management software and badged Meta Business Partner. Create a free respond.io account and connect Facebook Messenger to the platform.
If you enjoyed reading this article, check out more articles below: