Want to learn how to set up Viber auto reply for your business? We’ve got you. In this article, we’ll explain what a Viber auto reply is, the benefits of using auto reply and finally, how to set up auto reply for Viber bot.
What is Viber Auto Reply
Viber auto reply allows you to send automated messages to your customers even when you are not available to respond to their queries. This useful feature enables you to be there for your customers 24/7.
There are two common types of auto reply messages:
- Greeting messages: Welcome messages that businesses send when customers initiate a conversation
- Away messages: Messages that automatically respond to customers outside of business hours
In the next section, we’ll share how auto replies benefit your business.
Why Use Auto Reply Viber
Unlike traditional channels like email, customers expect immediate responses when they contact you via an instant messaging app like Viber. However, that’s not always possible because most businesses don’t operate around the clock.
One easy solution is to set up away messages to assure customers that you’ll attend to them when you return. You include your operation hours and expected response time in your message.
Not only does this help manage customers’ expectations, but the drop in response time also elevates customers’ satisfaction as it reassures them that their messages have been received.
You can also automate welcome messages to greet customers the first time they message you on Viber. These welcome messages help make a positive first impression by providing a timely and friendly response.
To bring your auto reply message to the next level, you can even include a pre-chat survey in the message. This helps collect customers’ information and inquiry details to give agents some context before they reply.
Now that you understand what an auto reply is, let’s take a look at how to set up Viber auto reply next.
How to Set Up Viber Auto Reply
Unlike WhatsApp and Instagram, you can’t set up auto-reply messages natively on the Viber app. Instead, you need to use a Viber bot. As Viber bots do not have a messaging interface, connect yours to a messaging inbox like respond.io to send and receive messages.
Then, set up your auto replies on respond.io. Let’s head over to the next section to find out how.
Setting Up Viber Auto Reply on respond.io
All automation on respond.io is set up on the platform’s flagship automation builder, the Workflows Module. Once you have connected your Viber bot to respond.io, follow the instructions below to set up welcome and away messages for your business.
1. Select Workflows on the side navigation menu and click on Add Workflow.
2. Set the Workflow Trigger to Conversation Opened.
3. Add the Date & Time Step to set your business hours.
Now, you can set up greeting messages in the Success Branch and away messages in the Failure Branch.
4. Click on the + node under the Success and Failure Branches to add a Send A Message Step. Make sure you select Viber as your channel.
5. Draft your greeting message in the text field for the Success Branch and your away message in the text field for the Failure Branch.
6. Add the Ask a Question Step beneath your away message to request customers’ information so you can contact them when you’re back online.
The responses can be saved as Variables, Contact Fields or Tags to be used in other parts of the Workflow. Once you’re done, save and publish it.
And that’s how you set up Viber auto reply for your business. In the next section, we’ll go through a list of auto reply message examples businesses can use for different scenarios.
Viber Auto Reply Message Samples
There are several ways you can use Viber auto reply messages to engage with customers. These messages should provide them with suitable solutions or answers to their queries.
We have identified five types of Viber auto reply messages to help businesses engage with customers and drive their desired actions. Check out some of these ready-to-use Viber auto reply message samples for your business.
Making a strong first impression will help you develop a meaningful relationship with potential customers. Welcome messages are a great way to ease customers into your brand, build brand loyalty and win trust.
Below we share some welcome message templates and samples to help you craft your message effectively.
1. “Hi, welcome to [business name]. How may we assist you today?”
2. “Hello! We’re so excited to hear from you. We’ll be in touch with you shortly.”
3. “Hello there! Thank you for your message, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can check out our upcoming promos here: [link] 😊”
One of the most common auto reply messages is away messages. Here’s a list of away messages you can use to inform customers that you’re unavailable.
1. “Hi 👋 thanks for your message. We'd love to help, but this is outside of our business hours. We'll get back to you within 24 hours.”
2. “Dear customer, we’re closed from [date] to [date]. There’ll be a delay in replies and we appreciate your understanding 🙏🏻 Cheers, [business name]”
3. “Thank you for contacting [business name]. We’re currently closed, but will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, check out our website for more information: [link].”
Whether you are open or closed during the holidays, customers will send you messages all the same. Here are some Viber holiday greeting messages for your reference.
1. “Merry Christmas🎄 Thank you for reaching out. We’re busy helping Santa deliver presents, but we’ll get back to you on Dec 27.”
2. “Wishing you a very prosperous New Year 🎊 How can we help you today?”
3. “Happy Easter! Thank you for your message. We’ll get back to you within [number] hours. Kind regards, [business name].”
Your Viber greeting message can also be used to inform customers of unusual events or developments, such as service interruptions or delayed responses during peak periods. Below are some examples that you can use.
1. “Hi there. Thank you for getting in touch. Please be aware that our responses might be slower than usual. Thank you for your patience 🙏”
2. “Hello from [business name]. We’ve received your message. We’re experiencing a high volume of messages at the moment and are doing our best to respond promptly. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.”
3. Hello! Thank you for getting in touch. We apologize for the service interruption on [business name]. Our team is working hard to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please let us know how can we help you 🙏”
While sending a generic welcome message to customers is fine, you can elevate it by requesting their contact details. This is a great opportunity for you to turn prospective customers into contacts. Here are some examples you can use for your business.
1. “Hi! Sorry, we are currently unavailable. Please leave your name and email address, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.”
2. “Thank you for your message. We are currently out of the office. Please share your full name and email address below, and our representative will be with you soon.”
3. “Hello, thank you for your message! Can we get your email address before we proceed?”
Now you know the benefits of using Viber auto reply to level up your business communications and the steps to set it up, it’s time to connect your Viber account to respond.io to get started.
Interested to find out more about how Viber can benefit your business? We’ve compiled a list of articles for you to read here: