Want to get the coveted green tick on WhatsApp? Read this article to learn more about the WhatsApp Business verification process. In this blog post, we’ll be answering questions like why you should get a WhatsApp Official Business Account, and how to verify WhatsApp Business Account on 360dialog, Twilio and MessageBird.
- WhatsApp Official Business Account Builds Trust
- WhatsApp Official Business Account is More Recognizable
- Tips and Tricks to Get a WhatsApp Official Business Account
- How to Verify WhatsApp Business Account on Business Manager
- How to Verify WhatsApp Business Account on 360dialog
- How to Verify WhatsApp Business Account on Twilio
- How to Verify WhatsApp Business Account on MessageBird
Why You Should Verify WhatsApp Business Account
You might have come across some WhatsApp Business Accounts with a green checkmark in the profile and chat header. These are verified accounts known as WhatsApp Official Business Accounts.
WhatsApp Official Business Accounts are usually owned by big brands with the API account. Think Nike and Coke Cola. WhatsApp doesn’t verify small businesses using the app account.
WhatsApp Official Business Accounts are designed to help users identify an authentic brand account. A green tick on WhatsApp means the accounts are owned by the actual brands they claim to be. However, it doesn't mean WhatsApp endorses the business.
Even if your account is not verified, all the features are available and ready-to-use. So why should you upgrade to a WhatsApp Official Business Account? Here are some benefits of verifying your WhatsApp Business Account.
WhatsApp Official Business Account Builds Trust
For starters, WhatsApp Official Business Account adds credibility to your business. The green tick establishes legitimacy and helps your business stand out from the crowd. It differentiates your WhatsApp Business Account from competitors who are not verified.
Plus, an Official WhatsApp Business Account shows you’re influential in your industry because WhatsApp only verifies notable companies. Your customers will know that your business is established enough to get WhatsApp Business verified.
WhatsApp Official Business Account Is More Recognizable
With WhatsApp Official Business Accounts, the WhatsApp profile name will be visible in the chat screens, chat list & incoming notifications. Users will see your business name even if they haven’t added your business to their address book.
By contrast, a regular WhatsApp Business Account will not show your business name, just your phone number.
A business name is more recognizable than a phone number. If your customers want to talk directly to your business, they’ll know they’re in the right place. Wondering how to verify WhatsApp Business Account? Read on to find out.
How to Verify WhatsApp Business Account
In this section, we’ll discuss the pre-requisites for WhatsApp Official Business Account and tips to increase your chance of getting verified. Plus, you’ll learn how to verify WhatsApp Business Account on Business Manager and via different WhatsApp Partners.
To get the verified tick on Whatsapp, your business needs to fulfill the pre-requisites below.
- No violation of WhatsApp’s policies, especially WhatsApp’s Commerce Policy
- WhatsApp Business Account is in Quality Tier 2
- Has a valid Facebook Business ID with verified business.
To verify your Facebook Business Manager account, go to Business Settings on your Facebook Business Manager and click Security Center.
Below Business Verification, click on Start Verification. The Facebook business verification button is greyed out when you don’t have any app associated with your business. To trigger the button, here’s the workaround.
Facebook will send you a notification once your review is complete. You can also check your status from the Security Centre. Learn more about the verification process on Facebook's website.
WhatsApp has not been transparent about its criteria for approving Official Business Accounts. Even if you meet all the requirements above, there’s no guarantee that your WhatsApp Business account will get verified.
That said, there are things you can do to improve the chance of obtaining a WhatsApp Official Business Account. We put together some tips and tricks that will increase the chance of getting your WhatsApp Account verified.
Tips & Tricks to Get a WhatsApp Business Account Verified
Here are some recommendations to increase the chance of getting a verified WhatsApp Business Account:
- Having some ad spend in your Facebook Business Ad Account
- Grow your Facebook and Instagram following to at least about 10k likes/followers to indicate brand awareness
- Have a detailed Wikipedia article, which proves that the business is well known
If your company operates internationally, you stand a better chance of getting your WhatsApp Business Account verified.
Contrary to popular belief, being verified on Facebook Page or Instagram doesn't give you a better chance at getting an official account. Notably, businesses with the legal entity UG (German Small Limited Company) are more likely to be rejected.
Whatsapp doesn’t give reasons for rejection. If your application fails, you can assume your company didn’t meet the criteria. You may improve your chances by following the recommendations above and try again in the future.
How to Verify WhatsApp Business Account on Business Manager
To verify your WhatsApp Business Account, you can either directly request a WhatsApp Official Business Account on Facebook Business Manager, or submit an application on the Business Solution Provider (BSP) platform.
If your API account is managed by Nexmo, you can request verification on Facebook Business Manager. Here’s how to do it.
1. Access Direct Support from your Business Manager. Navigate to Business Settings > Accounts > WhatsApp Accounts. Select your WhatsApp account that you want to verify, then go to Manage People and Settings > Settings.
2. Click on Contact Support. Then, tap Ask a Question and select WABiz: Request official business account. Fill out the required information. And that’s it. You can check the request status in Facebook Business Manager.
If you signed up for your API account with 360dialog, Twilio or MessageBird, you need to apply for a WhatsApp Official Business Account on the Partner’s platform. Your BSP will submit the application to WhatsApp for review. The process may take up to 3 weeks.
Keep in mind, approval is not guaranteed. The verification decision is entirely at the discretion of WhatsApp. WhatsApp Partners have no control over WhatsApp Business Account verification.
The WhatsApp Business verification process will differ depending on which WhatsApp Partner you sign up with. Below, you'll learn how to verify WhatsApp Business Account through 360Dialog, Twilio and MessageBird.
How to Verify WhatsApp Business Account on 360dialog
To apply for a WhatsApp official business account on 360dialog, simply fill up this form. Businesses are required to provide the following information:
- Email address
- Facebook ID
- WhatsApp phone number
- Business website address
- Facebook Page URL
- Other names the business is known under (if any)
- Business name in the source language (if any)
- Phone number
- Display name for your WhatsApp Official Business Account
In addition, you need to give a description of your company such as where it operates, what industry is it in, etc. The more detail you give, the better chance of approval.
If your application is successful, the account will be upgraded automatically so there will be no further action required.
If your application is rejected, you may apply for WhatsApp Official Business Account again in 3 months. This timeout is set by Whatsapp.
And that’s how to verify business account on WhatsApp through 360dialog. If you're on Twilio instead of 360dialog, here's how to get WhatsApp business account verified.
How to Verify WhatsApp Business Account on Twilio
To request WhatsApp Official Business Account through Twilio, follow the following steps.
1. First, open a support ticket on Twilio.
In this ticket, request to apply for a WhatsApp Official Business Account and provide the following information.
- A screenshot showing your verified Facebook account status
- The business website address
- The Facebook page URL
- The business name in languages other than English (if any)
2. Then, submit the support ticket. Twilio will use this information to open a ticket with WhatsApp to confirm the account.
Next up is a step-by-step guide on how to get verified tick on WhatsApp through MessageBird.
How to Verify WhatsApp Business Account on MessageBird
Here are the steps to apply for a WhatsApp Official Account through MessageBird.
1. Go to the WhatsApp channel configuration in your MessageBird Dashboard. Tap the edit icon for the WhatsApp channel you want to verify.
2. Under Enable two-factor authentication, set a 6 digit pin and click Save.
3. Once you’ve set the pin, contact MessageBird support team to request a WhatsApp Official Business Account.
And that’s it - MessageBird will send the request on your behalf. You’ll receive a confirmation email if your application is approved.
If you're interested in more information about WhatsApp for Business, check out these articles:
- How To Choose A WhatsApp Partner
- Using WhatsApp Business for Multiple Users
- How Companies are using WhatsApp for Marketing